1. Acceptance of Terms: ZTT provides the Service to you subject to the following terms (the "Terms"). Said Terms may be updated by ZTT from time to time without notice to you and such changes shall be binding on you. You can review the most current version of the Terms at https://courts-db.zerotothree.org. In addition, when using the Service, you shall be subject to any posted or un-posted guidelines or rules applicable to the Service which may develop from time to time. All such guidelines are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms. Any such use of the Service will be considered acceptance by you of the then-current Terms. Any new or different terms supplied by you are specifically rejected by ZTT unless agreed to in writing by ZTT.
2. Description of Service: The Service is owned and operated by ZTT. The Service provides de-identified information regarding child welfare cases. You understand and agree that the aforementioned Service is provided "AS-IS" and that ZTT assumes no responsibility for typos, or outdated or incorrect information. ZTT makes no representations regarding the information contained in the Service.
3. Intellectual Property Rights: The Service and all right, title and interest in and to the Service is owned by ZTT, and is protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties. You may not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the content, except as set forth in the Database User Agreement between you and ZTT. This includes copying or adapting the ZTT design logos and certain other names or logos that are service marks or trademarks of ZTT.
4. WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS: THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ZTT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ZTT MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SERVICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING ZTT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE AND ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE RESULTS, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, ZTT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH REPLACEMENTS. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT OR FUNCTION THEREOF, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICE.
5. ALLOCATIONS OF LIABILITY, EQUITABLE RELIEF AND DAMAGE LIMITATIONS: YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND THE INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT AND/OR ACCESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL ZTT (OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR ADVERTISERS), BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, DIRECT OR NON-DIRECT, WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM OR ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THE SERVICE AND/OR ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ZTT IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. GIVEN THAT SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OR LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. Choice of Law/Choice of Venue: These Terms, and the relationship between you and ZTT, are governed exclusively by the internal substantive laws of the District of Columbia, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under these Terms shall lie exclusively with the courts of the District of Columbia.
7. Notices and Questions: Questions concerning the use of the Service should be directed to SBCThelp@zerotothree.org.00352381.1
Customers may request service or report critical and non-critical incidents by emailing their request to SBCThelp@zerotothree.org or by calling the SBCT Service Desk at 855-201-4565. The Service Desk is staffed to respond to customer requests and escalate requests and incidents to the appropriate ZTT team member to resolve or restore to normal service as quickly as possible.
All service requests are addressed during normal business hours Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, excluding all federal holidays.
All services require regularly scheduled maintenance windows in order to:
1. Keep system components up-to-date and secure by applying recommended patches and updates
2. Keep applications and infrastructure current and up to vendor supported patch levels.
3. Make enhancements and routine changes to the database and related website application.
ZTT makes every effort to minimize the impact of maintenance on the availability of the service. However, the service may be unavailable during a portion or the entire maintenance window.
Standard maintenance windows will be communicated in advance by email and will occur outside of normal business hours Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, excluding all federal holidays.
At times a mission critical service or infrastructure component may require an exception to the standard maintenance schedule. In certain circumstances mission critical service may occur during normal business hours and without advance notice to customers. ZTT will attempt to notify customers in advance or as soon as possible.